Monday, February 08, 2010

10 days or so!

We're going to visit our daughter in Davis- Dinah's a junior- we've never been there before and are very excited. And we're going to finally meet Linda Davick and maybe see Jane Cheshire too though she doesn't know yet! (prb) Not this weekend but the weekend after.

Talking to Dinah today on the phone, she said "you must have so many amazing stories about living in San Francisco in the 70's." Hmm, thinking...

I was such a bystander during those times. I remember getting off the bus and seeing all the peeps standing in line in Berkeley for the Grateful Dead concert in town center. Things like that. Sleeping over at Snazelle because the zebra killer hadn't been apprehended. A regular Jane Austen of the 70s. (meaning such a stupid prim thing, NEVER liked Jane Austen.)

8 comments:

Mean Jean said...

You get to meet LINDA! I'm jealous of both of you. I never got to visit SF when young. Going to Haight Ashbury in my 50's made me regret not going in my 20's. My son and DIL lived for a few months in an apartment behind 221 B Baker Street, aka "the Arthur Conan Doyle" house just across from Lafayette Park. It has been proven that ACD didn't live there, just spent the night. We visited once, saw all the sights had a grand time. Need to go back.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I dream the collection should have more info then it has.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Lucky!
Say hi to Linda for me.
I understand about being a bystander.
Have fun in San Fran. I've never been there, but everyone I know says it's wonderful!

stray said...

So glad you and Linda will get together! Sorry I'm missing you. Have fun!

Linda Davick said...

Regarding: "Hmm, thinking..." :

It would have helped if you hadn't THROWN AWAY all those amazing stories WHEN YOU THREW YOUR JOURNAL INTO THE TRASH, THE JOURNAL CHRONICLING YOUR TEN YEARS IN SAN FRANCISCO.

Still mad (but can't wait to meet you).

booda baby said...

!. By nature or plan, it was probably a very good thing to be a bystander. Damage control from the 70's took a long, long time. :)

2. You and Linda and San Francisco? Brim over and acquiesce inDEED!

prb1848 said...

You should give Jane Austen another try, Sally. Pride and Prejudice is a hoot. Last summer I read a super spoof called Pride and Prejudice and Vampires. Fun! And is it the weekend of the 12th or the 19th that you are going to Davis and SF?

Sally said...

It's the 19th. Got a big weekend of racing at Santa Anita coming up. Quite a few possible Derby entries are running.