Saturday, October 14, 2006

Halloween Postcards


I have a large collection of Halloween postcards from the turn of the century. I like the way they sentimentalized images of fear. I used to collect various Halloween items, but have lost the desire to collect, which is a good thing! Halloween's been a bit over taken by the Hallmark crowd these days, and the inflatables really give me the willies.

I have recently put a great number of my animations, including Sesame Street pieces, on youtube. The image quality really goes down the tubes by the time they chew on it at youtube with their video codecs, but I'm happy to circulate them. Maybe if you like them you'll buy my dvd at www.funonmars.com. Shameless Sal.

1 comment:

Scythemantis said...

HUGE Halloween Collector, here, and I leave the stuff up year-round. Sure, it's overcommercialized, but I'd rather see a glut of horror, rubber bugs and monsters than the glut of Santas and reindeer.

I don't know how I went most of my short life without seeing more of your cartoons. It was only thanks to youtube that I remembered your sesame street work.

And Face Like a Frog is now my favorite animated short alongside "Swing, You Sinners!" by Max Fleischer, which you are probably familiar with.