Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Age Horse Shoes


I've been riding twice recently with a ski instructor pal who puts these boots on her horses' front feet instead of horse shoes. It's a New Age approach. Over the years I've seen a lot of gimmicks with horses.

Got to say these seem perfect for a ski town, because the boots are about as hard to put on a horse with overgrown feet as ski boots are for me to get on right. But her horses seem to be comfortable with them on, even walking on a gravel road for two hours.

5 comments:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Wow, those are classy horse boots!

I saw a documentary about farriers once. I was impressed that the horse stood still for so long while the guy scraped at each hoof.

Sally said...

It seems like a tough life to me, bending over all those horses' feet, but a guy (or gal) can make a pretty good living. They all seem to have short fuses, and if you find a good one you have to baby them along to keep them happy. But then I guess they get stiffed a lot by clients, since they bill after the work's done.

Linda Davick said...

Do these not come in lime yellow?

Sally said...

Linda, I bet they do but I don't know the brand name.

Kristen Brown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.