Saturday, June 30, 2007

why I love Flash



I started thinking about this flash piece early this morning when I was walking Molly around Lake Balboa. I played with it a bit all morning because I was so annoyed about other things concerning web design. Midday Dinah and I Drove to Hollywood Park, (Inglewood, near LAX), to see some races, which were outstanding. Lava Man won the Gold Cup today, making it three years in a row, making history. We sat in the stands and appreciated the desperation all around, including ours as we kept losing, until the end, when we bet nicely.

I came home and got back into this piece. By that time it was after six, and I should have just relaxed and eaten dinner. It's just after nine now. The piece is 30 seconds plus. Okay, not as polished as I might like, but geez, polished enough to tell its Northridge tale.

Inconceivable in the old days of animation.

5 comments:

Sally said...

I love this! Thank you for making my day. I also only want to be photographed right after I get my hair professionally styled. It makes me look like a different person and seems to take 10 years off.

Sally said...

Funny. Maybe we should kiss them after all!

Sally said...

Pat has uploaded your Flash movies converted to m4v; when I tried to email you the link, it bounced back.

Sally said...

I don't understand what m4v is all about. Will have to google it after I speak to my mother.

Linda Davick said...

It's great to have an inspiration and be able to do a cartoon like this practically at the drop of a hat. As for the subject matter, I went in for the works 2 weeks ago and this cartoon is just a little too true.