Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Do you do Zazzles?


This one I saw cracked me up. When I was in my twenties I always felt I was a magnet for weirdos, and here's a hat to identify the problem. I remember being handed a business card from someone who worked for the Time Travel Institute.

In L.A. it rarely happens, because you're in your car or in your house: life is totally insular. Although one day a woman stopped me outside Target and pointed to the sky. "The clouds aren't moving." I looked. She explained the military was injecting chemicals into the sky to stop them from moving... Then her adult son appeared. "Mother, this way."

But what I meant to ask was, do you design for Zazzles or Cafe Press? Do you buy from them? Both provide easy design interfaces to create t shirts, mugs, misc. junk to give your family or urge others to buy. And Goodwill is always standing by..

I don't wear shirts with writing on them. I don't even like to drink from mugs with writing on them. But with my subnormal ability to earn money, I'm attracted to the idea of these places.

4 comments:

Linda Davick said...

Yes, I've bought from Cafe Press. And Etsy. Please put Anita on there!

Anonymous said...

I have bought from Cafe Press. Pat's distant cousin, who has a coffee shop, has things there that we gave as family Christmas gifts. It would be fun and inspiring to see your things.

I went through a phase for years of being a weirdo magnet. It does provide good cartoon material as long as long as it doesn't put you in danger.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Haven't done the Cafe Press thing yet- though I've considered it.
I'm with Linda- put Anita out there. :)

As for shirts with writing on them- when my mom got Botoxed the company actually sent her a black t-shirt with "Botox" spelled out in sequins! It was so ridiculously tacky, so wrongly wrong, that I HAD to wear it. Everyone thought it was satirical.

Sally said...

Etsy has very pretty things. I hadn't seen that before.

That botox story is mighty funny!