Thursday, July 10, 2008

Demon Dog


Molly is the captain of the submarine. So why does she look like such a demon? She's hard to paint! Pixie is much easier!



I'm going to paint over this dog tomorrow. She's so beautiful, but I haven't had to do a likeness painting for years and years.



NO!



STILL NO!

(is it fun watching my struggle?)



Lulu's looking like a teddy bear when she was an autistic dog in person.

Stay tuned for the Molly beauty shot tomorrow. (Stray g, may need to fly you out!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Would love to come out. I struggle with paint. Drawing is easier for me. Hard to control a brush. (We'll be in Santa Barbara next month, but without a car.)

Anonymous said...

But your tank is looking beautiful! Lulu was sweet, I just know she was.

Linda Davick said...

I can tell it probably doesn't look it to you, but this is wonderful to behold.

Anonymous said...

The thing about working in traditional media is, I just miss the "undo" button!! I'll get something I like and then ruin it!

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

I have a hunch that one of the demons that sprang from Pandora's Box was the "No! That's not it! Draw it over!" Creature. He drives me nuts. The anti-muse. It's frustrating when what I draw isn't what I had in mind.
I like this sub! I almost waved back to Pixie.

Anonymous said...

we just passed a plain unpainted propane tank. I'm thinking you could market this and be propane tank designer to the stars