I was a tag along yesterday for a miserable lunch. Ever meet somebody who just spews creepy stories? This older British gal next to me claimed the aisle seat in a booth because :
- she might have spasms and will frighten everyone (because her hip surgery wasn't quite right.)
- told how she'd been on a run away horse with her daughter beside her and their stirrups got twisted together right before they came to a fence.
- told how another runaway horse threw her and she broke two vertebrae. (All these horses she owned.)
- told all about her husband's experimental stem cell cancer treatment as they drained and refilled his body. (he was in the booth too.)
- told how she and two other realtors got locked into a house by accident the day before and the other two realtors had accidents.
- warned us that in Italy people come up behind you and slit your throat to get your wallet. (we're going there in two months.)
- told how her disabled son liked to take his pants off in Harrod's and scream.
- told me how and what to put in the decoy purse I had to carry in Italy for the pickpockets.
- covered her ears at possibility of a dirty word as part of her story.
I never complain about food at restaurants, only when I get home.
Today Dinah's horse had to have emergency colic surgery, and we couldn't locate Dinah. Major awful, but her horse came through it okay. Major awful.
My mother is still living on the S.S. Dementia. Today she said, "They can't decide whether this boat should go across the river or to Paris and back."
She said, "I like disciplined straight lines for everyday living, not for creative things, but for everyday living."
I told her I was going to visit her in about a month. She said, "Are you going to leave the baby in the nursery?"