It's hard taking pictures with the cell phone because there's a delay, just like in the earliest days of digital cameras. But I kind of liked this picture, taken at Santa Anita as I waited for the horses to load. A weekend of lots of betting and no winning at all.
Books recently read:
- Gone with the Wind (just leave it alone.)
- 2 books by John Sandford (decent crime novels)
- Slouching towards Bethlehem, Joan Didion ok but California has really changed
- Evidence, Jonathan Kellerman enyuh
- Jam Today by Tod Davies nifty anecdotal cookbook by a smart pal who writes about making tasty meals from whatever you already have in the closet.