Wednesday, May 05, 2010

feelin like a zombie





Back from 3 weeks in Italy-- in L.A. and it's nice to be home. Molly's here too. I'm in a "don't operate heavy machinery" state of mind but couldn't resist posting that first sign.

We had a great trip and it really helped that I suffered through several years of Latin in junior high as language wasn't really a problem.

Just one story. We were really, really lost as we pulled into Nervi, and the highway exit was up so high it felt like the Wild Mouse ride at Wildwood, New Jersey. Jon said, "Go in that grocery store and buy a map." So I walk into the store, stand in line, and then in pidgin Italian I say, "I sell map of city."

9 comments:

Pile Girl said...

Glad you made it back okay. Did the volcano affect your trip at all?

Mars Tokyo said...

They must have used Babelfish for that translation. Love the pink 50's style sign.

booda baby said...

And were they buying? Ha.

This is the WORST part, isn't it? The recovery? Ick. Are you taking a little melatonin? Is some powerful stuff, considering it's all natural, but it helps.

Welcome, welcome home. It was fun catching your occasional tweet!

RHSteeleOH said...

Welcome back Sally!

Jane said...

Funny post. Look forward to more.

Sally said...

The volcano didn't affect us either way but we saw many unhappy Brits when we first got to Rome. I'm still waking up feeling perky at 3:00 am. May have to buy some melanin.

Hi RH, sorry I bailed on Farmville and Pet Society but it was my best chance to break out of the virtual vegetable addiction.

stray said...

Welcome home!

RHSteeleOH said...

No worries Sally. I understand completely.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Yay! Sally's back.
Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

p.s. I've forced myself away from the facebook games too. They were fun, but they took so much time!