Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What not to wear



The best thing about college alum mags are the pictures at the back, at least in the Smith mag. The recent grads are mostly quite hefty. But what was the girl in the middle thinking when she wore her black bra to the wedding-- reliving one of those Maidenform "I dreamed" bra ads from the 50's? (In which women dreamed they were in public places wearing only a bra on top, from the era of psychoanalysis.) Notice how it makes the bride look like she's in underwear too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it a bra? It looks like a dress with a wide high sash/cummerbund, same color as her skin. What are they beefing up for, girls in their late 20s.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Interesting choice of a wedding dress. Or undress.
I think a lot of gals pork up in their mid twenties because their metabolism slows down. When you're a growing teen you can eat whatever you want. I know I did- potato chips, big macs, soda, big donuts fries, pop tarts, cookies... By my mid twenties I had to cut way back on the junk to fit in my clothes.

Anonymous said...

What a fashion train wreck!

All that education and they can't pick out a dress that looks good on them.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the local newspaper fashion maven, who poses wearing her latest mall purchases. Makes for horrific morning coffee browsing. Wish the photos were online so I could link.

Sally said...

Looking closely I see it may be fabric and not stomach but the effect is definitely underwear at the wedding.

That makes sense namowal on why they look so beefy.

Anonymous said...

Whether it's a say or bra, that woman is a maverick.

Anonymous said...

oops ... Make that "sash!"