A friend from the past, David Mruz, sent me a wondrous book of Halloween punch out party decorations and instructions. It's a treat.
It has nut cup instructions, which got me thinking about nut cups.
When I was little they were my favorite part of birthday parties. Now they seem so minimal. Just a little crepe paper cup with a couple of nuts and hard candies in it. Was I so underfed that I was living for nut cups? Such a goofy term too.
So I started picturing the nut cup I'd want in a perfect world. It's still going to be that small size, but in it I'll find:
- A scratch off lottery card where everyone's a winner
- A tiny vial of Tigress perfume, popular in the 60's. A month ago I thought I smelled it and it's been on my mind since.
- Small chocolate penguins filled with tastes sweet and wonderful and unidentifiable
- Those chewy red coins that have dollar signs on them. I'm fond of gummy candy, anything except gummy bears or nasty sour things.
- A tiny wallet size flexible picture frame that's electronic, storing many pictures.
- A roll of Rowntree's Pastilles candies from England.
- Some very nice nuts, after all it is a nut cup.
What's in your nut cup?
(I know, I should have drawn it, but I just didn't feel like it!)